Western Pest Service has been providing pest control service in the Northeast since 1928. It services residents in Connecticut, Delaware, New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania. Western focuses on a timely response to your requests, ensuring the service you receive is top-notch and keeping their technicians trained on the best pest control methods for the pests common to the areas they service.
OVERALL RATING: 4.5/5
FEATURES & SERVICES: 4.5/5
CUSTOMER SERVICE & REVIEWS: 4.5/5
Being a smaller company helps Western keep its services and policies unified. You can always count on the company to provide you with a free inspection. And reviews show that customers are pleased with their prompt and professional work and ethics.
- Smaller company results in more dedicated personal service
- Multiple ways to contact Western – email, phone, online chat
- Calls are returned within 24 hours
- Only available in five states in the Northeast
- Not many locations outside of metro areas
Features & ServicesWestern offers a wide variety of pest control services. In addition to treating for general pests, it also offers services for bed bugs, mosquitoes, stinging pests and termites. The company offers free inspections and wants you to be happy with their service – backing that up with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. They also pride themselves on timely responses by promising to return your call within 24 hours.
- Free inspections
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- 24-hour guaranteed response time
- Only services certain states in the Northeast (Connecticut, Delaware, New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania)
Western Pest offers three methods of termite treatment and control. Technicians will work with you to determine the extent of your problem and the best way to address and get rid of it.
- Triple Line of Defense Liquid Termite Barrier
- The liquid treatment is applied around your home. Termites ingest the liquid and die. Technicians will also install Termi-Teller Monitors to make sure the treatment is working. Western says your termite problem will be under control in less than 120 days.
- Baiting System
- The Sentricon baiting system is environmentally friendly. Bait stations are placed around the perimeter of your home. Termites will feed on the bait and carry it back to the colonies, eliminating them. Technicians will continue to monitor the bait stations, ensuring your termite problem doesn’t return.
- Bait Protection with Targeted Treatment
- If your home already has termite damage, technicians will apply a quick-acting treatment to the damaged areas to kill the termites. Sentricon bait stations will then be placed around your home to eliminate other colonies and provide long-term protection.
Because the termite treatment options can be expensive, Western offers a payment plan for its termite control measures – should you need it. And if you aren’t satisfied with the service, Western will re-treat your home at no charge.
Bed Bug Control
Most of the time you won’t know you have bed bugs until you wake up itching from their bites. Western has a three-prong approach to finding and eliminating bed bugs in your home.
- Canine Detection
- It’s no secret that dogs have a great sense of smell. Western has a team of highly-trained dogs that can sniff out bed bugs quickly and accurately.
- Proactive Treatment
- Technicians will not only treat bed bugs where they find them, but will also treat other common hiding spots like cracks and crevices. This proactive method keeps bed bug infestations from spreading.
- Heat Treatment
- High levels of sustained heat can penetrate through furniture, walls and electronics to get rid of bed bugs. The treatment is not only effective, it is also eco-friendly.
Because the treatment options can be expensive, Western offers a payment plan for its bed bug control measures – should you need it. And if you aren’t satisfied with the service, Western will re-treat your home at no charge.
Western employs board-certified entomologists to help with research, pest identification and technician training. Western treats a wide variety of pests – including ants, cockroaches, ticks, fleas, rodents, flies, spiders and many more. Technicians are highly trained in knowing the pests common to the Northeast and the best ways to attack them. The company’s website also has thorough pest information and pictures to help you know what you are dealing with.
Keeping pests out of your home can begin with proper maintenance. In addition to pest control services, Western offers home services which can help keep all kinds of bugs away and your home in tip-top shape.
- Western will add to and improve the insulation of your home, which can help lower your energy bill and keep pests out.
- Moisture Control
- Moisture can attract unwanted houseguests. Western can install a VaporShield Moisture Control in your basement or crawl space to help control the humidity and stop mold, mildew and wood decay.
- Disinfectant Cleaning
- Western PurClean is a professional grade disinfectant that’s safe for your family and your pets. The company says it will kill 99.99 percent of nearly 50 bacteria, fungi and viruses, including the virus that causes Covid.
- Business Services
- Western offers a full line of services for businesses and commercial properties – including bed bug treatment, disinfecting services and PestDetect. PestDetect is a technologically advanced treatment program which monitors your property for bugs and pests 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Find local Western Pest Service Providers in your area
Search with your zip code to immediately find your closest pest control services
Customer Support & Reviews
Western Pest prides itself on having a timely response. The company promises to respond to your request for service within 24 hours. Its technicians are highly trained, know what they’re dealing with and how to eliminate your pest problem. The company also employs board-certified entomologists to keep up with the latest research and treatment options in pest control.
Western will provide a single-service treatment or a home treatment plan complete with regularly scheduled visits from your assigned technician. Reviews shows that technicians are knowledgeable, friendly and well-trained.
- Friendly, knowledgeable technicians
- 24-hour response guarantee
- Smaller coverage area in the Northeast than some larger companies
Punctuality & Professionalism
Customer reviews show high praise for Western Pest technicians. You will find an occasional bad review, but they are generally for a specific incident and are few and far between. Technicians are said to be professional, punctual, knowledgeable and friendly.
Great customer service; on-time, reliable and experts.
Persistence & Effectiveness
Western has two guarantees – one that they will respond to you within 24 hours and the other that they guarantee your satisfaction 100 percent. As you might expect, with any company, not every customer is happy with their service and you will find online reviews that say as much. But by and large, customers are loyal to Western and believe their treatment methods are effective.
I’ve had other exterminators, but this company is better than all the rest in my opinion. They are fast and efficient and get the job done, whatever your problem may be.
You won’t finding pricing on Western’s website, and that’s not unusual in the industry. Pest control companies like to inspect a particular property and see what the size and scope of the problem is before they give you a quote. Western is no different. They will, in some cases, give you a quote over the phone. By and large, customers say they are reasonably priced.
- Reasonably priced
- Free quote and inspection
- You won’t find any pricing on the company’s website
Find local Western Pest Service Providers in your area
Enter your zip code to search for local exterminators